Privacy Notice | Safe Hands First Aid Training Ltd
Who we are
Safe Hands First Aid Training Ltd (hereafter known as we, us), provides regulated and accredited training to businesses, organisations, charities, local authorities and individuals in and around Central Scotland.
We are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our customers. We will not sell, rent or trade personal details with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes.
We are obliged to provide you with a detailed Privacy Notice so that you are clear on when and why we collect your personal information, how we use it and how we keep it secure.
What we collect
We may collect the following information about you:
- name and address
- contact information including email address and phone number
- proof of ID and date of birth for regulatory purposes
- details of previous certification for qualification purposes
- demographic information such as postcode, industry, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- customer feedback in the form of pre-course questionnaires and post-course evaluations
- dates/courses attended at Safe Hands First Aid Training Ltd
What we do with this information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping
- to provide you with certification for courses attended
- to notify you when your certification is about to expire
- we may use the information to improve our products and services e.g our website or course availability
- to tell you about new courses or other information which we think you may find interesting, or to provide important first aid updates (using the email address which you have provided)
- if you have agreed, we may contact you from time to time for market research purposes or to ask you for feedback (by email, phone, mail)
Most of the information we record is for internal and external monitoring of our qualifications and for compliance purposes. This is a requirement of the regulator (First Aid Awarding Organisations Forum) and our Awarding Bodies: Qualsafe Awards, First Aid Awards Ltd and Scottish Qualifications Authority. For regulated courses, we are required to register learner details with the awarding body and share assessment results in order to gain certification. We are obliged to retain records for a minimum of 3 years. Assessment data may be held in ‘hard copy’ or electronic format.
Other information is used to keep you updated on latest first aid protocols and gather your feedback on our services. We do not sell, rent or share your data with any third parties, except for sharing requested learner information with our awarding body for assessment, qualification and certification purposes.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. They help us improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs and all information is anonymised. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website experience. With the knowledge gained we will monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. This will make our website more user-friendly and allow us to develop our marketing strategies according to the interests of our target audience.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
We also use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (‘Google’), on our website. Google Analytics uses its own ‘cookies’ (see above). On behalf of Safe Hands First Aid Training Ltd, Google collects standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is processed in a way which does not identify anyone. In addition, you may prevent the collection by Google of the data generated by the cookie by downloading the browser plug-in: ‘Browser Add On’ to disable Google Analytics.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. Once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website and therefore cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites. Such sites are not governed by this privacy statement and you should refer to the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Controlling your personal information
We will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about products or services which we think you may find interesting, unless you tell us that you do not wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Data Protection Directive May 2018. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please request this in writing or by email:
Safe Hands First Aid Training Ltd, 6 Craigs Way, Rumford, Falkirk FK2 0EU
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can correct any information found to be incorrect.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- we will only share your information with our Awarding Body/ies for the purposes of certification of regulated courses
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualsafe Awards and Nuco Training Ltd act as Joint Data Controllers with Safe Hands First Aid Training Ltd for the purposes of sharing Personal Data relating to:
- Learners undertaking the Awarding Organisation’s qualifications;
- Trainers/Assessors/Internal Quality Assurers applying to be approved or who have been approved to deliver the Awarding Organisation’s qualifications;
- Approved Centre Director(s)/Partners/Sole Trader(s) and/or staff whose details have been incorporated in the initial Centre Approval Application submitted to the Awarding Organisation or whose details may be provided by the Approved Centre and shared by the Parties at a later date;
- Subcontractors used by the Approved Centre for the purposes of delivering or managing aspects of qualification delivery for the Awarding Organisation.
- As such, the Parties agree to capture, process and retain all Shared Personal Data in line with all applicable data protection legislation.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Notice from time to time to ensure that it complies with current legal requirements or to implement changes to our services. This Privacy Notice was last updated on 28th July 2020.